Zuka Arts Guild presents Janet Riehl’s exhibit CELEBRATING AN AFRICAN EXPERIENCE Part of Old North St. Louis Community Art Walk (Caption: “Naledi in the Underworld” Painting and photograph by Janet Grace Riehl) OPENING: Friday, September 2, 2016, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. ARTIST TALK: Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 2 p.m. WHERE: 2701 […]Full Story»
20 images still available! Contact Janet to reserve your image or attend the Gallery Talk at Portfolio (3514 Delmar) on August 21, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
This book should be required reading for all Peace Corps Volunteers!–Erwin A. Thompson, my father praising Mary Trimble’s new book “Tubob” ( My father’s written 40 novels. At almost 97 he delights in reading these on his computer screen, which helps with his failing eyesight. He rarely reads books written by others. And so it […]
Tea drinking. I started in earnest in Africa during my five years in Ghana and Botswana. Alexander McCall Smith’s Number One Ladies Detective Agency series catches the gentle humor and graciousness in this Southern African country with one of the most stable democracies in the world (not just in Africa). Tea is the drink that […]
More in this category
- An African Woman’s Wit and Wisdom
- “Tunahaki” (film festival winner) shows 200 ways good intentions lead to bad results.
- John Nunley: “There are no straight lines in Africa.”
- “Africa is a continent, not a country!”
- Kwanda video: South Africa launches self-help program
- Kwanda (wealth & growth): Reality TV for Social Action & Community Development in South Africa