Bragging Rights: “Sightlines” Kudos
Dear Riehlife Villagers,
You know how you work forever just because, and then all of a sudden the world knows you and and your work are really cooking? That’s what’s happened to me. Here’s a sampling.–Janet
* Hey! SF Book Festival just awarded an honorable mention to our audio book “Sightlines: A Family Love Story in Poetry & Music” in the audio/spoken word category! [In 2007 “Sightlines: A Poet’s Diary won a DIY (Do It Yourself) honorable mention.]
* I was one of three invited readers at a literary salon. Nervous as all get out, but it worked just fine. Listeners were inspired by the “Sightlines” poems to remember their own family stories and resolved to write about them.
* Authors Access Podcast interviewed me on how to make and produce and audio book.
* Alethea Eason’s two-part interview with me on Studio 101 was well-received. “Healing Grief with Poetry” one the Editor’s Choice award and is now her most read article. The second part explores creativity and community.
* Gave workshops at two conferences: Story Circle Network & The Missouri Writers Guild. Topic: “Poetry? Prose? Who knows?”
So, there you go. Sometimes it pays to look back so you can see where you’ve been and where you’re going.