I sent an excerpt from WINDOW FRAME originally published in “Sightlines: A Poet’s Diary” and dedicated to my mother Ruth Evelyn Johnston Thompson (January 4, 1916-May 1, 2006). It’s a story poem that tells how my mother never lost her essence, even when she lost the full use of her mind…how her passion for watching birds just dove deeper into herself.
My pal Hal Manogue and other fine poets are also featured in the poetry corner.
In addition to the poetry corner (Yvonne’s soulful side), you’ll find:
* Three Things Necessary to Make Writing Good and Powerful
* NIGHTENGALE NUGGETS: Soup-to-Nuts Publishing Service
* Walk ‘N Roll Dog Touches the Heart of Valentines
* WITS Podcast Schedule February 2008
* THE WRITER’S VOICE
* NETWORK WITH US
* THE WRITING LIFE: Ways to Use Metaphors
* Why You Should Write a Book Proposal (Even if you Plan to Self-Publish)
* FEBRUARY POEMS
* PUBLISHING WITH LULU.COM
* FEBRUARY BOOK REVIEWS
* Write What You Know…If You Dare
* Are You SMART? Making Progress with your Writing
Yvonne says, “Whether you are a published author or a writer-wanna-be you will find articles, announcements, book reviews, poetry, and information about the craft and business of writing, publishing and book marketing written by our readers in this newsletter. Our goal is to connect the writing and publishing community through networking that benefits both.”
Yvonne is inclusive and skillful in her work. I’ve become a huge fan in the year I’ve known her over the net. Someday soon I hope to trek down to Nashville to meet Yvonne and Hal.