Happy Meme–a blogging game
"If you're happy and you know it...clap your hands.
If you're happy and you know it...stamp your feet."
And so forth, goes my favorite kindergarten song.
Janet Muirhead Hill tagged me for this "Happy Meme". As she says, "It's simple. I only have to list six things that make me happy. Well, maybe not so simple when there are so many to choose from. Hmmm. Let me think."
1. Completing my Homecoming Pilgrimages back to places of my heart in 2008.
2. My father coming home from the hospital healthy and happy and almost as lively as ever.
3. Jazz conversations with close friends like Nana and Stephanie and Alan and Ofosu...the story within the story approach of Southern storytelling traditions in which you can draw the genealogy of the story.
4. Good books...and even "trash" reading...that my recovering English major self has learned to love.
5. Having the chance to be a devoted daughter.
6. A good balanced day of intimate connection with others mingled with creative production.
As Janet says, "the list above is random, not necessarily prioritized as I chose from so much that makes me happy"...places of my heart, family, intimate connection, and satisfying creative work.
Thanks, Janet, "for the chance to think of 6 happy things, for it opens the mind to boundless gratitude".
Now, I'm supposed to tag someone else to list 6 things that make you happy.
1 Responses »
Leave a Response