Audiobook “Sightlines: A Family Love Story in Poetry and Music” update: mechanical licensing completed
Good news! We've completed the mechanical licensing phase for the music used in the upcoming audio book "Sightlines: A Family Love Story in Poetry and Music". Now, onward into the production phase!
For those interested, the phases in creating and producing your own audiobook are:
1) creative phase: recording, editing, fileswapping, decisionmaking, "notes" back and forth
2) technical phase: mastering and disc spanning
3) mechanical licensing: copyright, permissions in the print publishing world
4) production: making the discs, pricing, packaging, delivery
5) big celebration!
6) marketing & distribution---see if anyone wants one 🙂
I continue to be completely smitten with Scott Kidd as a collaborator. He's a consummate professional. As someone whose career was as a generalist—with the skill of professionalism at the core of that—I truly appreciate that core when I encounter it. I am bragging on him all the time...even offering him as a case study for what really works well. Thanks again for connecting us.
1 Responses »
Leave a Response